- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "We’ve been using Duratherm G in our application with nothing but praise!" — Steve Shipman
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "So far we have not seen any of the issues we have encountered in the past!" — Steve Shipman
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
Duratherm XLT-50 is engineered for long-term operation in heat transfer applications requiring precise temperature control ranging from -50°F up to 350°F (-45°C to 176°C).
Ideal for cryogenic applications, Duratherm XLT-50’s economical cost and wide operating temperature also makes it well-suited for heating and cooling applications found in the food processing, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
Duratherm XLT-50 heat transfer oil does not require monitoring of concentration or additive levels.
Duratherm XLT-50 heat transfer oil utilizes our exclusive additive system for long-term, trouble-free operation at any temperature, high or low.
Duratherm XLT-50 heat transfer oil is plant- and user-friendly. Low odor, high flash point and no SARA-reportable substances make XLT-50 the wise choice for worker health and safety.
After its extensive service life, Duratherm XLT-50 heat transfer oil can be disposed of through local waste oil recycling programs. Check your local regulations.
|Duratherm XLT-50 Properties|
|Appearance: clear liquid, slight yellow tint|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||350°F||176°C|
|Minimum bulk/use Temp.||-50°F||-45°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||210°F||99°C|
|Fire Point ASTM D92||240°F||115°C|
|Viscosity ASTM D445|
|cSt at -22°F / -30°C||20.2|
|cSt at 86°F / 30°C||1.9|
|cSt at 350°F / 176°C||0.6|
|Pour Point (estimated)||-140°F||-70°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at -22°F / -30°C||53.8||0.863|
|at 86°F / 30°C||52.0||0.832|
|at 350°F / 176°C||40.0||0.640|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at -22°F / -30°C||0.080||0.138|
|at 86°F / 30°C||0.077||0.133|
|at 350°F / 176°C||0.067||0.115|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at -22°F / -30°C||0.465||1.946|
|at 86°F / 30°C||0.495||2.072|
|at 350°F / 176°C||0.597||2.499|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at -22°F / -30°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.02||0.13|
|at 350°F / 176°C||9.26||63.84|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||358°F (181°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids