- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
Duratherm XLT-120 heat transfer fluid is engineered for long-term operation in heat transfer applications requiring precise temperature control ranging from -120°F up to 150°F (-84°C to 65°C).
Ideal for cryogenic applications, Duratherm XLT’s economical cost and wide operating temperature also makes it well-suited for heating and cooling applications found in the food processing, pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
Duratherm XLT-120 heat transfer fluid does not require monitoring of concentration or additive levels.
Duratherm XLT-120 heat transfer fluid utilizes our exclusive additive system for long-term, trouble-free operation at any temperature, high or low.
Duratherm XLT-120 heat transfer fluid is plant- and user-friendly. Low odor, high flash point and no SARA-reportable substances make XLT the wise choice for worker health and safety.
After its extensive service life, Duratherm XLT-120 heat transfer fluid can be disposed of through local waste oil recycling programs. Check your local regulations.
|Duratherm XLT-120 Properties|
|Appearance: clear liquid, slight yellow tint|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||150°F||65°C|
|Minimum bulk/use Temp.||-120°F||-84°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||120°F||49°C|
|Fire Point ASTM D92||140°F||60°C|
|Viscosity ASTM D445|
|cSt at -40°F / -40°C||8.5|
|cSt at 32°F / 0°C||4.5|
|cSt at 150°F / 65°C||1.3|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||-130°F||-90°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at -40°F / -40°C||54.1||0.866|
|at 32°F / 0°C||53.5||0.856|
|at 150°F / 65°C||50.8||0.813|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur Content X-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at -40°F / -40°C||0.080||0.138|
|at 32°F / 0°C||0.079||0.136|
|at 150°F / 65°C||0.076||0.131|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at -40°F / -40°C||0.460||1.925|
|at 32°F / 0°C||0.471||1.971|
|at 150°F / 65°C||0.520||2.177|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 60°F / 15°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.02||0.13|
|at 150°F / 65°C||4.31||29.71|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||181°F (83°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids