- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "We’ve been using Duratherm G in our application with nothing but praise!" — Steve Shipman
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "So far we have not seen any of the issues we have encountered in the past!" — Steve Shipman
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
Duratherm LT heat transfer fluid is engineered for applications requiring process temperatures ranging from -30°F to 600°F.
This fluid is ideal for batch processing requiring heating and cooling cycles. It eliminates the need for heat tracing in outdoor applications.
Our exclusive additive package, including a proprietary dual-stage antioxidant, ensures long, trouble-free operation. Duratherm also incorporates metal deactivators, a seal and gasket extender, and defoaming and particle-suspension agents.
In the heat transfer fluid industry, cost is always a concern. However fluid longevity and resistance to harmful fouling are of equal importance.
Air contact is normally detrimental to a fluid. Oxidation can cripple your system and, if left unchecked, will ultimately cause catastrophic failure. Unscheduled downtime due to oil failure has a high cost and negative effect on production.
The Duratherm product line was developed with this in mind. Most other fluids fall short in their protection from oxidation and can quickly foul a system. Duratherm is engineered to give unsurpassed levels of protection and service life.
Duratherm LT heat transfer fluid is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. Worker health and safety is of great concern, Duratherm LT heat transfer fluid poses no ill effect to worker safety. After its long service life, it can easily be disposed of with other waste oils.
|Duratherm LT Properties|
|Appearance: colorless, clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||600°F||315°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||329°F||165°C|
|Fire Point ASTM D92||370°F||188°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||675°F||357°C|
|Viscosity ASTM D445|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||7.9|
|cSt at 212°F / 100°C||2.3|
|cSt at 600°F / 316°C||0.5|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||-72°F||-58°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||50.1||0.802|
|at 500°F / 260°C||40.4||0.647|
|at 600°F / 316°C||38.9||0.623|
|Average Molecular Weight||395|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0564 %/°F||0.1016 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.081||0.140|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.070||0.121|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.066||0.114|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.511||2.139|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.691||2.893|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.723||3.027|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 500°F / 260°C||4.19||28.88|
|at 600°F / 316°C||8.05||55.50|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||613°F (323°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids