- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
Duratherm HTO heat transfer oil is engineered for precise and efficient temperature control up to 600°F (315°C) and is a budget solution where heat transfer applications require an environmentally friendly, low-cost fluid to meet today’s fast paced production demands.
Engineered for many years of service, it’s ideal for a wide range of closed-to-atmosphere (inertly sealed) applications including paint, rubber, paper mill calendars, board plants, roofing, textiles, laundry, refineries and asphalt production.
Duratherm HTO’s use of highly refined base stocks ensures excellent thermal stability. Its low volatility also minimizes vapor pressure at elevated temperatures and, unlike most other fluids in its class, Duratherm HTO contains antioxidants*, metal deactivators and corrosion inhibitors to further enhance the fluid’s longevity and help protect your system.
*For critical applications where high levels of oxidation are prevalent please consider Duratherm 600.
Duratherm HTO is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. Duratherm HTO poses no ill effect to worker safety.
After its long service life, it can easily be disposed of with other waste oils. Duratherm supports recycling and encourages oil reclamation programs where possible.
In our effort to truly service the heat transfer industry, we have developed four unique and specific heat transfer system cleaners. Ranging from preventative-maintenance system cleaners to emergency-downtime system revivers, we have a cleaner that fits your needs and schedule.
|Duratherm HTO Properties|
|Appearance: clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||600°F||315°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||405°F||207°C|
|Fire PointASTM D92||434°F||223°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||680°F||360°C|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||40|
|cSt at 212°F / 100°C||6.5|
|cSt at 600°F / 316°C||0.7|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||5°F||-15°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||52.5||0.842|
|at 500°F / 260°C||43||0.688|
|at 600°F / 316°C||40.7||0.652|
|Average Molecular Weight||371|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0564 %/°F||0.1011 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.081||0.141|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.074||0.130|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.073||0.127|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.465||1.907|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.634||2.653|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.673||2.819|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.47||2.78|
|at 600°F / 316°C||2.30||11.89|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||702°F (372°C)|
|* Maximum Film Temp.||630°F||332°C|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids