- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "We’ve been using Duratherm G in our application with nothing but praise!" — Steve Shipman
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "So far we have not seen any of the issues we have encountered in the past!" — Steve Shipman
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
Duratherm HF heat transfer fluid satisfies the needs of industry and insurance officials who recommend operating systems at temperatures below the heat transfer fluid’s flash point. Engineered specifically for this purpose, its flash point is one of the industry’s highest at 530° F (276°C).
Not only does Duratherm HF heat transfer oil have one of the highest flash points available, it also contains the industry’s most effective and resilient blend of additives to ensure long-lasting, trouble-free service.
Our exclusive system includes a proprietary, dual-stage antioxidant and a special blend of metal deactivators, extenders, and other agents that prolong fluid life and help keep systems clean. That also means longer life for parts such as pumps and rotary seals.
Oxidation can cripple your system. Left unchecked, it will ultimately cause catastrophic failure and costly downtime. That’s why Duratherm HF heat transfer oil offers unsurpassed levels of protection against oxidation, and a service life that other fluids simply can’t match.
Duratherm HF heat transfer oil delivers superior resistance to sludging, a problem plaguing most other fluids. That makes it the best defense against extreme oxidation found in many of today’s demanding manufacturing environments, including plastics processing, molding, casting, asphalt, paint, chemical and a wide variety of other applications.
Duratherm HF heat transfer oil is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. It poses no ill effect to worker safety and does not require special handling. After its long service life, Duratherm HF heat transfer oil can easily be disposed of with other waste oils.
If your existing fluid has let you down and left you with a system full of sludge or carbon, we’ve developed a full line of heat transfer system cleaners to get your system back to like-new condition. Contact us for complete details.
|Duratherm HF Properties|
|Appearance: colorless, clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||640°F||338°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||530°F||276°C|
|Fire PointASTM D92||582°F||305°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||740°F||393°C|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||103|
|cSt at 212°F / 100°C||10.45|
|cSt at 600°F / 316°C||0.81|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||15°F||-9°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||53.85||0.862|
|at 500°F / 260°C||44.1||0.706|
|at 600°F / 316°C||41.9||0.671|
|Average Molecular Weight||399|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0562 %/°F||0.1011 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.082||0.141|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.075||0.129|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.074||0.128|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.445||1.863|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.618||2.587|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.663||2.745|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.24||1.65|
|at 600°F / 316°C||1.84||12.69|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||769°F (410°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids