- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
Polyalkylene glycol based fluids such as Ucon 500® are a widely used form of heat transfer fluid that, until now, offered only average performance, short fluid life and have not been compatible with most other types of heat transfer fluids.
Duratherm G’s exclusive additve system now allows for its successful use in high-demand applications such as those found in the plastic industry and die casting and even performs and lasts exceptionally well in open baths.
Finally ... a glycol thermal fluid that’s compatible with the more common petroleum fluids!
Duratherm G thermal fluid not only outperforms most other fluids, it also contains a unique and proprietary additive that makes it compatible with the more commonly used petroleum-based fluids. This allows for a worry-free transition across different fluid chemistries and eliminates any need for special procedures.
We’ve also reduced odors and improved fluid clarity when compared to other glycol thermal fluids.
In the thermal fluid industry, cost is always a concern. However, fluid longevity and resistance to harmful fouling are of equal importance.
Air contact is normally detrimental to a fluid. Oxidation can cripple your system and, if left unchecked, will ultimately cause catastrophic failure. Unscheduled downtime due to oil failure has a high cost and negative effect on production.
Duratherm G thermal fluid contains our proprietary blend of antioxidants, corrosion inhibitors, metal deactivators, seal and gasket extenders etc., to ensure a long, trouble-free service life in even the most demanding, extreme oxidation applications.
|Duratherm G Properties|
|Appearance: clear liquid, very slight yellow tint|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||500°F||260°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||511°F||267°C|
|Fire Point ASTM D92||543°F||284°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||704°F||373°C|
|Viscosity ASTM D445|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||48.3|
|cSt at 250°F / 121°C||6.0|
|cSt at 500°F / 260°C||1.5|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||-40°F||-40°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||57.1||0.914|
|at 250°F / 121°C||54.5||0.873|
|at 500°F / 260°C||49.2||0.788|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0377 %/°F||0.0801 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.095||0.164|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.088||0.152|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.076||0.131|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.470||1.967|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.510||2.135|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.560||2.345|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.04||0.27|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.16||1.10|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.55||3.79|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||694°F (367°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids