- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "We’ve been using Duratherm G in our application with nothing but praise!" — Steve Shipman
- "So far we have not seen any of the issues we have encountered in the past!" — Steve Shipman
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
Duratherm 630 is a high-performance, efficient and environmentally friendly fluid engineered for applications requiring high temperature stability to 630°F. Offering precise temperature control, it’s a great alternative to high-temperature aromatic fluids, at a fraction of the cost.
It is ideal for a wide range of applications, including high-temperature batch processing, chemical reactions, pharmaceutical and resin manufacturing, among others.
Our exclusive additive package, including a proprietary dual-stage antioxidant, ensures long, trouble-free operation. Duratherm also incorporates metal deactivators, a seal and gasket extender, and defoaming and particle-suspension agents.
In the heat transfer fluid industry, cost is always a concern. However, fluid longevity and resistance to harmful fouling are of equal importance.
Air contact is normally detrimental to a fluid. Oxidation can cripple your system and, if left unchecked, will ultimately cause catastrophic failure. Unscheduled downtime due to oil failure has a high cost and negative effect on production.
The Duratherm product line was developed with this in mind. Most other fluids fall short in their protection from oxidation and can quickly foul a system. Duratherm is engineered to give unsurpassed levels of protection and service life.
In our effort to truly service the heat transfer industry, we have developed unique and specific heat transfer system cleaners. Ranging from preventative-maintenance system cleaners to emergency-downtime system revivers, we have a cleaner that fits your needs and schedule.
Duratherm 630 is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. Worker health and safety is of great concern, Duratherm 630 poses no ill effect to worker safety. After its long service life, it can easily be disposed of with other waste oils.
|Duratherm 630 Properties|
|Appearance: colorless, clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||630°F||332°C|
|Flash PointASTM D92||444°F||229°C|
|Fire PointASTM D92||472°F||244°C|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||36.2|
|cSt at 212°F / 100°C||7.0|
|cSt at 600°F / 316°C||0.7|
|Pour PointASTM D97||-1°F||-18°C|
|at 100°F / 38°C||52.8||0.845|
|at 500°F / 260°C||43.4||0.695|
|at 600°F / 316°C||41.2||0.659|
|Average Molecular Weight||395|
|Carbon ResidueASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip CorrosionASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0562 %/°F||0.1011 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.082||0.141|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.075||0.129|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.074||0.128|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.471||1.971|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.646||2.704|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.686||2.872|
|Vapor PressureASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.39||2.68|
|at 600°F / 316°C||1.64||11.30|
|Distillation RangeASTM D2887||10%||727°F (386°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids