- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
Duratherm 600 is engineered for precise and efficient temperature control up to 600° F (315°C) With a high flashpoint, low vapor pressure and an initial boiling point above the maximum operating temperature, Duratherm 600 offers safety and performance for many diverse applications.
Duratherm 600 thermal oil contains the industry’s most effective and resilient blend of additives to ensure long-lasting, trouble-free service.
Our exclusive system includes a proprietary, dual-stage antioxidant and a special blend of metal deactivators, extenders, and other agents that prolong fluid life and help keep systems clean. That also means longer life for parts such as pumps and rotary seals.
Oxidation can cripple your system. Left unchecked, it ultimately will cause catastrophic failure and costly downtime. That’s why Duratherm 600 thermal oil offers unsurpassed levels of protection against oxidation, and a service life that other fluids simply can’t match.
Duratherm 600 thermal oil delivers superior resistance to sludging, a problem plaguing most other fluids. That makes it the best defense against extreme oxidation found in many of today’s demanding manufacturing environments, including plastics processing, molding, casting, asphalt,
paint, chemical and a wide variety of other applications. In fact, our exclusive additive technology makes Duratherm 600 the perfect solution for all applications, large or small requiring precise temperature control up to 600° F (315°C).
Duratherm 600 thermal oil is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. It poses no ill effect to worker safety and does not require special handling. After its long service life, Duratherm 600 thermal oil can easily be disposed of with other waste oils.
|Duratherm 600 Properties|
|Appearance: colorless, clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||600°F||315°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||435°F||224°C|
|Fire PointASTM D92||464°F||240°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||680°F||360°C|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||34.3|
|cSt at 212°F / 100°C||5.6|
|cSt at 600°F / 316°C||0.7|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||14°F||-10°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||52.7||0.844|
|at 500°F / 260°C||43.3||0.693|
|at 600°F / 316°C||41.0||0.656|
|Average Molecular Weight||372|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0564 %/°F||0.1011 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.082||0.141|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.075||0.129|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.074||0.128|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.470||1.967|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.645||2.700|
|at 600°F / 316°C||0.680||2.847|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.00||0.00|
|at 500°F / 260°C||0.39||2.68|
|at 600°F / 316°C||1.62||11.17|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||715°F (379°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids