- "Duratherm provides excellent heat transfer characteristics." — Ryan Seward
- "The fluid is working better than expected." — Dick Livingston
- "Duratherm is the best heat transfer fluid we've ever used." — Larry Daniels
- "Duratherm G is working excellently!" — Ian Smiley
- "The heat transfer works better than any of the other fluids we have tried." — Lars Hvalby
- "Duratherm XLT-120 is exactly what we needed!" — Luke Colby
- "This will definitely be my go-to fluid for future projects." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm is working great." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "Duratherm was one of the best moves we made. Working great!" — Neil McDivitt
- "I've even recommended Duratherm to the equipment manufacturer." — Ed Slack
- "Duratherm saves money in the long run." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm 600 is the best fluid we’ve ever used!" — John Wanninger
- "Yet another bonus was that the pricing was below comparable fluids." — S. Bailey Sr.
- "The difference between Calflo and Duratherm was amazing." — J. Gerbec
- "I commend you on the quality and longevity of your products." — H. Blair
- "I've had zero failures in over a year-and-a-half since using Duratherm." — R. Barnett
- "These products performed exceptionally well for us." — S. Poletto
- "A few companies along the way have been helpful, but none like Duratherm." — K. Rose
- "We have increased the time between oil changes and nearly eliminated any issues." — J. Smith
- "Duratherm is working great." — K. Rose
- "This stuff is pretty amazing." — Ryan Seward
- "Duratherm HF has been performing remarkably well." — Raghu Kamath
- "Duratherm does not sludge up at all." — Bill Corbett
- "Our oxidation problems have disappeared." — H. Blair
- "I would highly recommend this product over any other heat transfer fluid." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "We have had no issues with Duratherm versus the old oil we were using." — J. Cowger Jr.
- "The fluid is still clear … I can see the bottom of the tanks." — S. Bailey Sr.
Duratherm 450 is specifically engineered for applications requiring process heating and cooling efficiently between 30°F and 450°F. Economical and thermally stable, Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid offers an excellent alternative to costly synthetics and aromatic fluids while delivering precise and efficient cooling down to 30°F.
Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid contains the industry’s most effective and resilient blend of additives to ensure long-lasting, trouble-free service.
Our exclusive system includes a proprietary, dual-stage antioxidant and a special blend of metal deactivators, extenders, and other agents that prolong fluid life and help keep systems clean. That also means longer life for parts such as pumps and rotary seals.
Oxidation can cripple your system. Left unchecked, it will ultimately cause catastrophic failure and costly downtime. That’s why Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid offers unsurpassed levels of protection against oxidation, and a service life that other fluids simply can’t match.
Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid delivers superior resistance to sludging, a problem plaguing most other fluids. That makes it the best defense against extreme oxidation found in many of today’s demanding manufacturing environments, including plastics processing, molding, casting, asphalt, paint, chemical and a wide variety of other applications.
In fact, our exclusive additive technology makes Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid the perfect solution for all applications, large or small, requiring precise temperature control up to 450° F (232°C).
Duratherm 450 is environmentally friendly, non-toxic, non-hazardous and non-reportable. It poses no ill effect to worker safety and does not require special handling. After its long service life, Duratherm 450 heat transfer fluid can easily be disposed of with other waste oils.
|Duratherm 450 Properties|
|Appearance: colorless, clear and bright liquid|
|Maximum bulk/use Temp.||450°F||232°C|
|Flash Point ASTM D92||302°F||150°C|
|Fire Point ASTM D92||327°F||163°C|
|Autoignition ASTM E-659-78||625°F||329°C|
|Viscosity ASTM D445|
|cSt at 104°F / 40°C||4.8|
|cSt at 250°F / 121°C||1.3|
|cSt at 450°F / 232°C||0.6|
|Pour Point ASTM D97||-49°F||-45°C|
|Density ASTM D1298||lb/ft3||g/ml|
|at 100°F / 38°C||53.1||0.850|
|at 250°F / 121°C||49.5||0.792|
|at 450°F / 232°C||44.8||0.717|
|Average Molecular Weight||372|
|Carbon Residue ASTM D189||0.005||% Mass|
|Sulphur ContentX-RAY||<.001||weight %|
|CU Strip Corrosion ASTM D130||1a|
|Thermal Expansion Coefficient||0.0564 %/°F||0.1016 %/°C|
|Thermal Conductivity||BTU/hr F ft||W/m K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.082||0.141|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.079||0.136|
|at 450°F / 232°C||0.074||0.128|
|Heat Capacity||BTU/lb F||kJ/kg K|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.510||2.135|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.570||2.386|
|at 450°F / 232°C||0.650||2.721|
|Vapor Pressure ASTM D2879||psi||kPa|
|at 100°F / 38°C||0.09||0.62|
|at 250°F / 121°C||0.33||2.27|
|at 450°F / 232°C||3.23||22.27|
|Distillation Range ASTM D2887||10%||481°F (249°C)|
*The values quoted in the table above are typical of normal production. They do not constitute a specification.
Heat Transfer Fluid Basics
- Understanding Fluid Degradation
- Understanding Flash, Fire and Auto Ignition Points
- Avoiding Oxidation and Thermal Degradation
Selecting a Fluid
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Under 250 Gallons
- Thermal Fluid Selection Guide for Systems Over 250 Gallons
- Open Baths and Heat Transfer Fluids